It's annual appeal time again.
You sit down to write...
Just like last year, you find yourself thinking...
"I should really put more effort into this appeal. It always seems to be rushed out the door at the last minute. And I really meant to review how it did last year, but things got so busy..."
Or maybe you wonder...
"Should I do something new this year? A different size appeal? Maybe a fresh, new design?
But will it raise enough to cover the costs?"
You know your appeal could be more successful. And you know there is more you should be doing to get it there. But with limited time resources, it seems way out of reach.
This is the tool I wish I had when I was in your shoes.
As a busy development manager for a small nonprofit, I found great resources to help me write appeal content. But there was practically nothing out there that helped me figure out things like:
"Am I using the best postage option? What are all my options?"
"Should I really keep mailing to donors who haven't given in years? When do I stop?"
"All our donors are NOT the same. How can I segment them in a way that recognizes our loyal donors and top givers without making myself crazy?"
"How much do I ask my donors to give?"
"What the heck does it mean when my printer asks me if I my design has 'bleed'? AND I have no idea what kind of paper I want to use."
When I could find information, it was too vague and usually applied to large organizations with resources we just didn't have.
So, I spent over two years researching answers that busy fundraisers don't have time to think about. I interviewed fundraisers, designers, printers, and mail houses to determine the best way for small nonprofits to manage their annual appeal.
I put all the answers together in this 82-page guide, including 25-pages of worksheets, that walks you step-by-step through how to budget, write, and manage the production of your entire appeal package.
You'll learn how to...
- Accurately predict how much money you'll spend and how much you'll raise.
- Stop wasting money and invest your budget in ways that will increase donor response.
- Set manageable deadlines and understand the time each phase will take.
- Create a targeted mailing list of donors who are highly likely to respond.
- Understand the bulk mail process and figure out which postage option is best for you.
- Select and work with graphic designers, printers, and mail houses.
- Analyze and improve your appeal's results.
- Avoid common appeal pitfalls and disasters.
When you're ready to take your appeal to the next level, you'll learn...
- How to manage the logistics of mailing to multiple segments.
- How and when to ask for a gift increase.
- What to do with your major donors.
Most importantly... this guide will help save time, increase your revenue,
and focus on the donors that matter most.